The Tangipahoa Parish Fair attempts to give every child a way to be part of the Fair.
- Shake Rattle and Roll – Wednesday of Fair local Jr High and High Schools compete in a battle of cheer, dance and flag.
- Spelling Bee – children in grades 3rd, 5th and 8th face-off in a competition of knowledge and skills on Friday at 1:00 pm. Come cheer your students on.
- Showcase of the Bands – School marching bands show off their musical talents. Showcase of the Bands follows the parade on Friday.
- Children's Day – On Wednesday mornings children in pre-K through 2nd grade are welcome to join the Fair for Children's Day. There are live displays for educational purposes that range from story time with the Tangipahoa Library out of Amite, a smoke house for fire safety from Amite Fire Department, displays about wildlife from the Louisiana State Parks, exhibits in Pioneer Town and Indian/Native American Village. Carnival rides DO NOT operate during this time.
- Service Hours – The Tangipahoa Parish Fair is a non-profit organization and will assist any students in need of service hours. Contact us to discuss how we can work with you or your group to assist in your advancements.